Saturday, July 12, 2014

Sock Bear

Something about texture draws me back to fabric sometimes.

I love socks. Everything about them. I regularly order from a company called Sockdreams. And whenever I manage to work holes into the toes I keep them aside for special projects.

I had some dead A-chevron socks from Sockdreams, which is my top favorite style of theirs*, and I stumbled on them while making my sock rug a while back. Poor things had holes in the toes. I blame myself. Something reminded me of them a few days ago, so last night I hunted them down and started making a new softie.

Meet Quista!


I knew I wanted button joints, and I knew the internet could remind me how. After a little googling I found a great little pattern for a piggie, plus nicely worded and illustrated directions on making button joints at the blog While She Naps which is written by Abigal Patner Glassenberg.


FYI: I bought the buttons for Quista and many other projects from this shop: VintageNecessities


More pictures and information on Quista at my etsy shop here!

*Not only are they comfortable and stylish, they're DIRT CHEAP! Only $5.00 a pair. I love these socks.

-Rose

No comments: