Thursday, February 25, 2010

Late night thoughts

The year has started off strange.

Puppy is getting bigger.

Jobs are doing normal job things. Swinging normal highs and lows.

Snow is coming and going.

I have a new obsession with The Mighty Boosh. Here is a snippet of one of their surreal episodes. Eels.



Right now I'm up too late and it's doing snowmageddeon things outside again. Of course puppy is thrilled. She adores the snow.

I was chatting with Lisa from Lou Lou & Oscar about things on the horizon. (She makes cool things like these guys!)


Some things I would like to do this year include; learn to make my own underwear (it sounds hard but I bet I could do it!), take better care of myself and my loved ones, and maybe even wear more skirts. Silly things for the year maybe, but hopefully manageable. I like to set manageable goals.

I have a lot of goals without time limits that I work on steadily. Some of those include:

Watch all Horror Movies (including science fiction horror, thrillers, etc)

Read tons of great books, adult and otherwise

Meet awesome people and hang out with them, or at least jam to their art somehow

Draw and make things of various and sundry

Write down my weird dreams and find a way to share them

Be silly enough to let people be more free and fun around me, take myself lightly

And I guess a lot of other things like Learn to be at peace with the world ya da yada. But those are the actual conscious everyday goals. The peacefulness and groundedness is more of a subconscious dungeons and dragons style campaign.

Monkeys.

I'm going to bed.

No comments: