Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Creating and Snow, 100!!


I can't help but give puppy updates every time I post lately. She's so much a part of our lives I would be remiss if I didn't mention her. Rayna is still growing beautifully, with the limp fully gone as far as we can tell (fingers crossed!) That silly picture is from an hour ago outside.

Last week was called something like Snowmaggedon or something down here. It just put us out of work a day or two though. Not so bad as the blizzard I remember in 96 down in DC (although it looks like DC had a repeat).

Snowing again out, but it's so warm it's just doing cute fluffy things to everything, and the roads look nice and clean still.

I dragged my camera out for first walkies today. Rayna loves the snow so much!!! She just sticks her snout in it and routs around, eating and being just generally happy. Here's the Japanese Maple next door, all snowinated.


I just finished two Sci Fi books (adult not kids) in the name of understanding modern Science Fiction. Pushing Ice by Alistair Reynolds and Eon by Greg Bear. I liked both for totally different reasons. Always interesting to read about aliens and living on asteroids and stuff.

Here's a silly photo I took of myself the other day for a flickr fun thing. I used to always make the peace sign in photos, which is silly. I'm going for a
more Vulcan thing now I think (Yes, that is Weird Owen balancing on my head, he was practicing! For what, I don't know).


I mentioned Mr. Mustard last post. He has clothes now! I just need to finish his associates and set them up for a photo. It's been in my head for awhile now.


I'm also working on the Kakapo, figuring out how to finish a Moonling, and being just a little sad that the softies I sent to Stuffed came back without even a little note of rejection. Ah well. Now they will be slowly getting reposted to my Etsy shop. Go poke around there and you may see some of these guys soon.




Thanks for being patient! I know I'm slow lately with the posty posts.

OH, and Happy 100th blog post to me! I've done more in my life, but this is my milestone with Blogger. Thanks blogger! I'm loving it here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look so cute in the photo with weird owen! It reminds me of me when I was young...sigh!

ZenCrafter said...

Wow, I love what you're doing with your softies! I have admired your Flickr pics for a long while but haven't stopped by your blog much--not for lack of interest, I promise, just lack of time. Hope you don't mind if I hang out and browse for a while.

Margie Oomen said...

congrats on 100 post
and i adore your new softies