Monday, September 7, 2009

Liar and the Duke, also, blogged out


Sorry I haven't been posting lately. I have found facebook to be more of a time suck than I planned for. Also I've been doing a LOT of reading preview copies for the bookstore I work at.

I'm particularly excited about the book LIAR by Justine Larbalestier.

Oh wow.

Read it! Well, when it comes out. Which is soon! I will remind you. I promise.

I wish I could talk about it but I really really don't want to give away any spoilers.

Here's a great little review I found of it that does a far better job than I could. Click here.

I'm so glad I read the review copy before she comes to our little bookstore in October. Now I'm really excited to meet her! I need to research her and read all of her books now I think.

I've been all over the place brain wave wise. Mostly this Labor Day Weekend was about me getting over my fear of long drives alone and the highway.

Both goals. Achieved.

GOLD STAR!

Here's my early birthday duke. We'll say he's a placeholder until I have the chutzpah to write a real post.

Adam gave him to me before running off to do his own thing this weekend. I can't believe he had the super awesome power of seeing into my secret thoughts to know how much I wanted the Duke. He is the best husband ever.

I think the Duke got a bit sick of driving. I made him navigate in the passenger seat the whole time.



See more wonderful creatures like him by the super awesome NINON. Here's a link to her etsy shop. Click me.

Her flickr stream is fun too. Here's more of her monstris. Click me next!

I will see you again soon. Promise.

No comments: