Friday, June 19, 2009

Duckies/Monkeys#2/winding down...

Lo,

the final chapter of the last month of crazy crafting closed last night with a splash of softie rubber duckies!

See them in their resplendent glory.




As you can see, many small hands make light work of duckies.

I custom designed a pattern for these little yellow darlings for a birthday party that I did a workshop for. Fun fun fun for a rainy afternoon/evening.

I think everyone had a good time. And everyone got a very special souvenir to take home. I wish I could say it was my idea, but there is one special Larchmont mom and daughter team who had the vision to make this a reality.
Thanks Jeanne and Faith!!!

And below, you see some of the results of Sock Monkey Workshop #2 from Tuesday night. I can't tell you how pleased I am with all their little expressions and bodies! I wanted to take all these little monkeys home.



I have really had a great time figuring out these workshops, and I hope and hope that I will get to do more soon. They are a blast, and I think everyone has had fun at each one.

The Chuppa, Monkeys-times-two and Duckies have wiped me out fairly completely though. I would love a few days to recover, which it looks like I'm going to get.

I'm looking to try my hand at crafting in Brooklyn with some crafty adults one of these days. Maybe I'll work my way into the graces of the Etsy team somehow. :D

I'd also be happy as a clam to get some work in some classrooms, since I know the arts funding has been cut almost everywhere, and doing guest art teaching sounds like just the thing for me!

We'll see, *fingers crossed*. I added a page to my website just about Teaching, so that people can look me up easier.

I may want to do more workshops, but right now I just want to clean everything up and take a little nap. Maybe for July.

:D

-Rose

2 comments:

Karen's Monsters said...

Can I be a part of your brooklyn craftiness! Miss you and would love it so much!

Rosemoo said...

For Sure! Although of course I need to find me a space to do it in!