Friday, June 5, 2009

Chuppa Finale, yay

What a lovely project!

But I'm not going to lie, I'm glad it's over!

Whew!

I had no idea how stressed out I was getting about it. I put it in the mail around noon today for Saturday Air Mail Delivery. They have a week until the wedding but this guarantees if there are any problems mounting it to the poles it will be discovered FAR before the ceremony.

I made the ties from strips of the silk dupioni.







Then I stitched them into the corners. Three long strips per corner. I doubled one so that it made a little loop. Since maybe we'll need zip ties or something at the top I wanted to leave the option for a different style of attachment.



Sewed up the back of the corners.



Some special embroidery on the tree! Secret!



Wow.

I think I did like fifty hours on this baby. I took notes so I should count.

*rolls head, shakes out shoulders, reaches for a beverage*

:D

Other things I've been working on include two upcoming sock monkey workshops for parents and little ones! I will post about that soon. First workshop is already sold out! Second one has a few slots, June 16th, 6-7:30pm in Larchmont, NY.

Moo!

3 comments:

Kelda said...

Wow, lots of work.

I have a random link for you.

link

arlee said...

WOW! Well done Rose!

Rosemoo said...

Thanks guys!