Thursday, April 9, 2009

Petri Dish revisited, EP episode 39

So I have gotten very close to OD'ing on Emergency Pants. But I'm safe. Three or four episodes a day hasn't killed me yet.

Soon I will be finished. Sad!

I've been working non-stop the last week without my normal (these days anyway) periodic long breaks. The joys of part time have ended, at least for now, and I'm snapping up the random work that comes my way. Which right now is props overhire for some Broadway stuffs.

I really like working on Broadway when it's only sometimes. I can enjoy the weirdness of being in a theatre while everyone is working, and knowing that not that many people get to see backstage and hang out with everyone on a show. But I get that without all the obnoxiousness of being at any job where it starts to 'just be my job' and stops being cool.

I think that's one of the reasons I've always loved freelance. It's all changing so often you never get bored of it. (Until you wish you had a vacation cause you're working constantly).

Working in the city means a much longer commute though, and since I did that Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday I had a lot of time for this new E.P. obsession. When I go into the city I get at least 2.5 hours a day of full commute time. That's a lot of podcast.

My biggest happy of yesterday was getting mentioned in episode 39 of the E.P.

My second biggest happy was seeing a little brown bunny eating grass on my walk home. How cute!



I'm a sucker for cute things.

I restarted work on the petri dish project (see link for first blog about it). I had gotten tired of it for awhile, but it's calling to me. Beefranck, Threadstar and MrXStitch are putting me to shame with their awesome stitchery.

I will post the detail shots of the petri here, since they have no room on the flickrs. I pray that someone will buy me a pro account on flickr, but there's no pressure (long stare in someones direction).

Here is the source material, from Eshel Ben-Jacob:



And here is where I am so far:





This is going to take for freaking ever.

I love it.

6 comments:

beefranck said...

Holy cats, this looks AMAZING.

Thanks for the continued shout outs. :)

Have you tried You Look Nice Today yet? www.youlooknicetoday.com - I bet you would really, really love it.

Cynjon said...

It may take forever, but it's going to be wonderful when you're done!

M* (Melanie) said...

It is going to look amazing. I can't wait to see it when it's finished

Rosemoo said...

Thanks guys. :D

zukzuk said...

Hehooo clouch! Clouch is my special word. That'd be a little bit smaller than a couch, a bit bigger than a loveseat, right? Now we know I'm not a spambot. Nice list (my pick is for some poetry) the words can be quite funny can't they?

Happy spring, happy Easter Moo. Hope the other bunny is especially good to you...

Hx

poemhome said...

it's growing on me