Friday, March 13, 2009

Word Verification Jibberish #2


For people not following, I have started a list of all the words that Blogger makes me type in so I can comment on other people's blogs.

They struck me as hilariously funny one day. And since I've always loved Lewis Carroll and Edward Lear they feel 'right' to me. Like something I've discovered and loved because there is some sort of meaning to them. Meaning I have to cut and pull out of them, but meaning nonetheless.

But really now. My list is getting ridiculously long and I have no ideas!

I keep hoping by keeping the list and the idea on the back burner I'll magically get an idea.

No dice.

I made some fun little watercolors about some of them, and then I sort of crumped out. Clearly that's not the answer.

I need some comment help from you all out there!

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do with these? Should I assign them to people and have strangers help me figure out what they mean? Or what their origins might be? I don't even know what language some of these may be in.

Here's my list, careful it's long. (Right now I'm only collecting my own finds, since they're already getting overwhelming without asking more people for what theirs are):

motesic
gavicini
bessesol
chortimp
spary
berac
thigmand
modylacu
asestero
squagoo
mingly
hortiorg
dorpsylp
hograin
surroco
disla
oviar
indeleol
tursou
spalrbac
dozeria
lentings
knonte
prile
coniess
derrefei
pasulf
repli
uxulli
hessaffe
nadjunif
linverl
tooran
fospally
maest
omiash
motstr
pronce
snedulfe
seami
ranted
ramalst
quusnons
wines
flesq
ardspide
sulahi
comewe
thsbo
remarad
cluou
redinses
nagship
blernist
ackshuet

So um. Some of these are actually words in English! Ranted is definitely a word. So is wines. Shall we discount those? Or keep them and make up new meanings for them?

Help me out!

What are we to do with these? I refuse to just let them go into the wild without something happening to them. Shall we make poetry? Make a dictionary? A new board game? Oh wait, there's a board game about words like these...but they're real ones.

Sigh.

moo?

I accept any and all ideas. Silly or not.

-Rose

4 comments:

steph said...

maybe you should make little creatures and name each one these funny words?

Cecilia Levy said...

excellent idea to do something out of the words! I have trouble sometimes naming my images, some of the words would work well as headlines
(the verification I got here is "gallis" - good one!) Good luck!

arlee said...

I love these words too---some would make (and have i think!) great spammer names :} It's a brillig idea to think of something to use them "fersho"---and that's my cue today to post here :}

Karin Bartimole said...

This is so funny Rose - I was writing these down for a while too, thinking they are just too amazing to not do something with them, but I eventually stopped, with everything going on, and lost my list, too... I like steph's idea - some of your creatures quirkiness seem to fit the oddness of the words - both in very good ways of course!! Perhaps an illustrated kids book - drawing the critters and their verified names. They have them assigned in the world they live in, and are none to happy about it. Especially "Hoload" (my word here today) who is made fun of and forced to wear lots of make up and way to revealing clothing...
talk soon, to hopefully see you monday :)
xox K