Friday, February 6, 2009

Ramblings and word verification


So I've been working on the shell house, reading a lot of children's books, and drinking a lot of tea these days.

My new interest is those words on bloggers comment word verification. I've started collecting the ones I see when I post to someone else's blog. Here's what I have so far.

motesic
gavicini
bessesol
chortimp
spary
berac

I think that maybe they deserve some art. Is each one a creature? Or a verb? What would it mean to chortimp when someone told a joke? Is that like snorting and chortling and choking? Or would it be more of a chirping snort?

And if Motesic was a creature, would it have fur? I'm thinking maybe it would have feathers.

I'm not sure if I'll follow this up with anything, but I really love these little playful non word words. Most word verification software seems to have numbers and letters, and to be honest I never really noticed the things I had to type before.

Somehow the other day they struck me as highly entertaining, so I'm keeping a sticky open on my desktop to log them.

Maybe we should write Haiku's with one word verification word in each line.

in winters spary light
a motesic was watching
chortimp the season

Or something like that.

I'm not sure what that meant actually. Maybe that's part of the fun.

I encourage others to find something more fun to do with them! And to log your own!

:D

PS: New info! I did some watercolors based on some of the words and they're up in my etsy shop right now!



-Rose

6 comments:

Sylvie Van Hulle said...

Hi, you wrote a wonderful Haiku here, I really love the way you play with the words, and it's also very funny! Like your watercolor drawings too!

And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :-)

x
sylf

Rosemoo said...

Love to a fellow artist abroad. How could I resist! :D

I went to Belgium once. We went to Brussels and Bruges.

Bruges was awesome! It looks sort of close to Deinze. Have you been there?

notmassproduced said...

brilliant - I've been fascinated by these too - and wondering why they never come up as a word (as in a word we already know). As the word verification on this comments suggests I gautho to you for raising this issue!

Rosemoo said...

Lol. Thanks for visiting! They're just so silly! Remind me of Edward Lear somehow.

:D

Cynjon said...

I love the idea! There's definitely some evocative ones that pop up now and then.

lynne h said...

i'm smiling here... i've thought about these a lot too. once i had one that was a real word but now i can't remember what it was... i really like the idea of creating little creatures with these names...