Monday, February 9, 2009

Photoshop Gallery and Herne

So I made this wacky photoshop gallery for myself.

I had a crazy dream about a world I want to at least do a few images of, but I decided I really really wanted to use photoshop to do it in. I've been dying to do a piece that lets me do some homage to Nick Bantock and Dave McKean and I think this is finally it.

Thing is, I knew already I wanted to use a lot of filters. And people usually use filters poorly. I know I do.

I figure it's because they don't understand them.

So of course, I decided to make my own filter gallery! I will keep it handy when I'm doodling in photoshop and want something amazingly filtered.

Click on it to go to a larger, more useful version.



Ta da!

It took longer than I thought it would. Now I need to go to sleep.

For those of you who have been following though, here's a shot of Herne going green. I think he's going to get a dose of greenman, and have some leaves and flowers growing from his strange antlers.

No comments: