Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pictures of the shell house and herne

Here are some images of the Shell house and Herne in progress.

Shell house, drying on the radiator. Radiators make great drying racks for paper mache! Yay! At least in the winter they do.

This needs more work, but I'm gradually making it the shape I want it to be. I have to stop occasionally and let it dry fully before moving on with it.



And here's Herne. Sorry the desk is so cluttered. I hope you can make him out from all the nonsense going on. Although I always love to see other peoples work spaces so maybe you'll like to see mine! I just white washed him with gesso. And added the antlers. I think they will get a lot more work before he's done. I'm not sure how to deal with his fur yet. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?



As always, click to enlarge.

There's so much going on on this desk that if you go to my flickr, you will be able to see what is what from my miscellany of notes.

Currently I'm reading: The Cricket in Times Square. Highly recommended. A short easy read.

1 comment:

Cynjon said...

Personally, I love seeing other folks work spaces...of course, I'm the same person who will get distracted by bookshelves in the back of photographs!