Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fool Moon Thursday


It feels good to move to a medium as easy to use as this one. A diary open for the world to read.

It's a tad scary, a tad exhibitionist, and a lot of fun.

I really like reading about what other people are thinking about in their daily lives. I get frustrated with 'social networking' sites, and I've completely abadoned AIM (AOL Instant Messenger), but I still like the community feeling of sharing your feelings and ideas openly and instantaneously with the world.

Right now it's rainy and crummy in NYC. Everyone around me has a grumpy or awkward feeling to them. I might blame the full moon for that one. But usually I like full moons.

Hmm... I almost typed fool moon. Maybe that's the truth of the matter. It's a fool moon.

Today is a Thursday. A great name for a day. I've always like the word Thursday. It's the only day of the week that actually sounds good. I could name a child Thursday. There was once a man who was Thursday, so why not a child?

I can't ignore the feeling that I too have gotten sucked into this fool moon. Why else be blogging? Even though I enjoy a freedom when I blog, I always feel guilty and self deprecatory when I do. As though my 'true luddite self' is rolling in her imagined grave.

I figure that given the amount of letters HPL (Howard Phillips Lovecraft) wrote, it's likely that if given half a chance he would've had a blog. And I'm figuring an odd website too, for good measure. Though likely on his website would just be pictures of his perfect and dying old coast of New England. His rambles through Massachusetts and pictures of Robert E Howard and Clark Ashton Smith.

Ah, a real blog by HPL. How awesome to read those archives. Though they're basically available. I've thought of reading through the volumes and volumes that have been collected as his letters, but I don't have the money or the stomach for it yet. Maybe one day if I'm bed ridden and bored. I'll read all his letters and every single Batman comic ever written. That's another one of my life goals. :D

Wish I was home with a cat and a cup of hot chocolate. But that's an option that feels far away in my future. Far far away. Though I would love to be able to just snuggle into an afghan and close my eyes and listen to music right now.

It will pass. It's just this fool moon.

No comments: